1. Race Car Engineering Trade Show in Birmingham, England. January 10-11
2. RaceWise seminar in Shinston, West Virginia, January 18-20.
3. Add Birdcage 4-bar Linkage analysis.
1. The Graph menu gets a Text: All command which produces a table of all graphed variables and all loaded files.
2. The Graph: Save Text file can add comments or tab characters. This permits tables to be copied into Excel and other programs.
3. The Files: Print Graphic command now includes data graphds.
1. The Frequently Asked Questions section of the Help file gets descriptions of Force-Based Roll Centers and Anti- calculations.
2. The Utility: Units 1/8 upDown command converts the edit updown buttons from 0.100 inch to 1/8 inch to reflect US standard practice. Reports can also be printed with 1/8 values rather than decimal equivalents.
3. An Edit: Hub Center command is added.
1. Five-Link and Multi-Link MacPherson Strut suspensions now use virtual instant centers for the determination of the kingpin axis.
2. Steering Axis calculations also use virtual instant centers for the cases mentioned above.
3. Formula SAE at Virginia International Raceway, April 23-26.
1. Formula SAE at Michigan International Raceway, Brooklyn, Michigan, May 14-18
2. Improve solvers and reduce the number of iteration errors.
1. Formula SAE West at California International Raceway in Fontana, California, June 18-21
1. Add Pitman-Arm steering. This simple steering system has a Pitman-arm which rotates with the handwheel. Both steering tierods are attached to the same Pitman arm.
1. Add Very-wide graphs to the Graph menu.
1. Add the capability to pass suspension points from the Setup program to WinGeo3 with GEP files.
1. Finalize the Expert version with Compare Parts command and Check Symmetry of parts.
November 2008 - Release Version 5.01
1. Release the Expert version.
1. SAE Motorsports Engineering Conference, Concord, North Carolina. December 2-4
2. PRI Trade Show, Orlando, Florida, December 11-13
|Wm. C. Mitchell Software www.mitchellsoftware.com 800-844-7296 from USA and Canada 704-660-0330 voice 704-663-0085 fax|