Racing by the Numbers - 2002 Development
1. Separate Reports menu into Reports and Analysis menus. The Reports menu was becoming too large.
2. Exhibit at Autosport Engineering Trade Show in Birmingham, England. Win Automotive Engineering award for best new product.
3. Update Fixture to handle MacPherson Strut suspensions. Previously the Fixture only worked for double A-arm suspensions.
1. Implement Anti-Dive for solid rear-axle suspensions.
1. Add new capabilities to Setup analysis.
1. Add Suspension File Name to most reports. This aids in identifying printed pages long after they were produced.
2. Work on Anti-Analysis report.
1. New Fixture computations with significant new features, including the ability to rotate the spindle about the lower ball joint and also save FIXture files.
2. Add capabilities to the Table feature. Reports can now be printed in reverse order. Printing can also bypass the PrinText form and thus avoid wrapping long lines onto two or more lines. Can also Save tables directly to an ASCII file.
3. Start work on Solid-Model graphics.
1.Work on real Windows Help system. Racing by the Numbers programs will use standard Windows Help systems rather than the current limited documentation.
2. Continue work on solid-model graphics.
3. Add Axis Calculator.
1. Finish solid-model graphics complete with editing capability. The user can now specify the colors and sizes to be used in the graphics. A realistic appearing graphic allows the user to concentrate on suspension analysis rather than translating a stick model to his situation.
2. Implement steering ratio and steering wheel graphic that rotates in response to inputs.
3. Create Initial Options form to specify units (metric or standard), toesteer measurement, and other choices that are usually made only once.
4.Create Track Calculator to demonstrate the difference between track measured at ground level (as RbyN does) and at hub height (as most sanctioning bodies measure it).
5. Start work on separate rear suspension analysis.
6. Start work on vehicle dynamics calculation of front and rear chassis position in reaction to lateral, longitudinal and vertical G forces.
1. Implement Load calculations for T-bars and Swaybars.
2. MATLAB files with different sampling rates can be read.
3. Create special Dialog form for Tables.
1. Improve graphics for Rocker Arm and MacPherson Strut suspensions.
2. Create a separate Table menu.
3. The Table menu gets a Name Current Position command.
November - Release version 3.05
1. Redo the Table editor to handle a complete set of nine user tables.
2. Implement Monoshock suspensions.
3. Create additional mouse controls to identify values and measure distances.
4. Release WinGeo3 version 3.05.
1. SAE Motorsports Engineering Conference in Indianapolis.
2. PRI Trade Show in Indianapolis.
|Wm. C. Mitchell Software www.mitchellsoftware.com 800-844-7296 from USA and Canada 704-660-0330 voice 704-663-0085 fax|